viernes, 6 de enero de 2012

Why do I want to be a vet??

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Today I'm gonna tell you why I'm in this career...

Ok, let's begin.
It's funny, but I've wanted to study veterinary medicine since I was like .. 1 year old haha.... I remember my self  as a little little girl telling to my mom: "Hey I want to be a doctor of animals!", and she said to me, "They are called Veterinarians". That's when all began I think...

Of course I wanted to study a lot of things too... like astronomy (I've always been a geek), arts, music, gastronomy, I wanted to be a supermarket cashier, hair stylist and "tía del furgón" .

Well, while I was growing up that list was getting shorter, and when I was like... 15, I was pretty sure that my career would be on science or music... Finally., I decided for science... It wasn't easy to leave music in a second place, but I thought, "It's always gonna be there for me, and I always will be able to do things related on music" 

So... there were to careers that I was really interested for, Veterinary Medicine and Kinesiology (because I was really into sports and I seemed a really good option for me).

A lot of people used to ask me "Why not human medicine??". Well I have 2 answers to that:
1. I think that animals and nature are amazing and unknown things, I mean, there's so much to study and investigate, it's intrigant and beautiful, and animals are so noble and majestic.
2. The human body really scares me!!! It's like if I see someone with an ugly and bloody wound, I think "Oh my godddd!!! that could be my own finger" (for example).

Well thats why I decided for Veterinarian Medicine, I figured out that kinesiology didn't give me those "butterflies in the stomach " (haha).

Until now my experience in university have been kind of weird... I think I've been missing little things of old friends and things like that, but it's getting better, the subjects are getting more interesting, and now I feel really fine about this career :)

I am not very sure of what job I want to have, but It'd be amazing to find something that includes treating animals and investigation.

Well!!! I've written a lot!!! So I'm gonna say good bye and see you in the next post!

2 comentarios:

  1. First... Happy new year :).

    Well about career, have a great variety, but you chose the best career and you know me :). See you TOMORROW :o.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello there!
    It was funny that you would like to study " tia del furgon" xD
    I think same to you about kinds of job, treating animals and invetigation is very interesting.

    Bye bye :)

    ResponderEliminar